Why Icon Ventures Invested in Alation
This is a guest post by Michael Mullany, general partner, Icon Ventures. It’s a truism that data is the most important asset in the 21st century economy. But, today too many enterprises exist in a data fog, with poorly contextualized data scattered across millions of tables. Dispelling this data fog is one of the key […]
Aaron Kalb named to the Silicon Valley Business Journal’s “40 Under 40” list
When you first meet Aaron Kalb, you are immediately struck by his boundless enthusiasm for meeting human challenges with bionic solutions. Speaking with Aaron sometimes feels like you suddenly woke up a decade into the future (only he’s already there and you’re struggling to keep up).
A Catalog-First Approach to MicroStrategy Reporting
Tools like MicroStrategy and Tableau make it easy for business users to quickly turn raw data into visualizations and reports. But before you can even start, you have to find a relevant data set, understand it, and trust it. Then you have to connect to it, which can involve many steps and typing many slashes […]
Shopping for Data
As big data matures, the way you think about it may have to shift also. It’s no longer enough to build the data warehouse. Dave Wells, analyst with the Eckerson Group suggests that realizing the promise of the data warehouse requires a paradigm shift in the way we think about data along with a change […]
Data Cataloging in the Data Lake: Alation + Kylo
We are living in a new era of data defined by two massively disruptive trends – one architectural and the other organizational. Architecturally the introduction of Hadoop, a file system
Announcing Alation Tableau Edition
Today we’re announcing a new offering that dramatically extends our support for Tableau. We believe that this offering, Alation Tableau Edition, realizes the full promise of self-service analytics by allowing analysts to self-serve without making any of the errors of omission or commission that traditionally accompany an ungoverned data environment. We characterize this offering as […]
- spa in koramangala Great post. I found your website perfect for my needs.
- My Homepage ... [Trackback] [...] Read More: alation.com/blog/2016/11/02/experience-governance-for-insight-with-alation-tableau-edition/ [...]
- erp in chennai Thank you for this valuable information. Get your business to the next level in simple steps. We provides lowest price of erp Software for our clients. erp in chennai
- hadoop training nice article...excellent support.
- varshaa Nice content. It helps to get over all insight of analytics. Thanks a lot.
- Tableau Conference 2016 Takeaways - Business Intelligence & Advanced Analytics […] what is available in the market today. With these improvements plus new metadata features with optional API integrations with data catalogs, Tableau has gone from getting picked on to leading the […]
How do you make self-service data analysis work for your organization?
We are entering an era of self-service analytics. There has been an explosion of data, from social and mobile data to big data, that is fueling new ways to understand and improve customer experience.
Self-Service Data’s New Frontier: The Data Catalog
REFLECTIONS FROM THE GARTNER BI & ANALYTICS SUMMIT I hate to admit that the last time I attended the Gartner BI & Analytics Summit, Howard Dresner was still the host. I started my career in BI, but took a few deviations into CRM, middleware, and databases.
The 2016 Crystal Ball – What’s Next in Data?
With the year coming to a close, many look back at the headlines that made major waves in technology and big data – from Spark to Hadoop to trends in data science – the list could go on and on. Looking in
- What’s Next? Data Predictions from some of Alation’s Executives - DATAVERSITY […] trends on the horizon. Alation, the creators of a powerful enterprise collaborative data platform, recently asked some of their executives and co-founders about such […]
These Are Data’s Dark Ages, and That Needs to Change
For those of us who champion the power of data, the past five years have been an incredible ride thanks to the rise of big data. Consider just these three examples: by 2020, we will have created as many digital bits as there are stars in the universe; data drove President Obama’s wins in the […]
- The Digital Renaissance Has Yet To Arrive - SuccessfulWorkplace […] we’re still waiting for the real digital impact to arrive. Backing this up, Alation’s Satyen Sangani writes, “Surveys show that professionals today still take action the old-fashioned way […]
Data Analysts Spend Lot of Time Finding and Understanding Data
In a prior blog post on challenges beyond the 3V’s of working with data, I discussed some issues which hindered the efficiency of data analysts besides drastically raising the bar on their motivation to begin working with new data. Here, I want to drill down into a couple of those issues and my past experience around […]
- Selenium Training in Chennai great post thanks for sharing
- kaviyaa Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable information. We strive to provide our candidates with excellent care and we take your comments to heart.As always, we appreciate your confidence and trust in us. Informatica Training in Chennai
Gartner Magic Quadrant for Metadata Management Includes Alation
Gartner predicts that “By 2020, 50% of information governance initiatives will be enacted with policies based on metadata alone.” – Gartner, Inc., Magic Quadrant for Metadata Management Solutions, Guido de Simoni and Roxane Edjlali, August 10, 2017. Metadata management no longer refers to a static technical repository.
The CDO Imperative: From Process Centric to data-driven
Innovating inside of established companies has always been challenging. Being “established” is synonymous with having a proprietary, scalable, and, likely, profitable way of doing things. Change is risky; change is expensive, and change is disruptive. Over the last 20 years, CEOs, CIOs and their enterprise IT departments
A New Market Is Born: The Data Catalog Market Study
We’ve seen the trend first hand. Organizations who are so successful in their adoption of self-service analytics, that their own business intelligence (BI) evangelists worry that they’ve created an analytics “wild west.” When they see a data catalog for the first time, they’re thrilled that a product exists that can govern the west
Deep Thoughts on Data Flow with Alation & Trifacta
Data lakes, while useful in helping you to capture all of your data, are only the first step in extracting the value of that data. Self-service analytics tools like Tableau help by democratizing the data analysis process, causing disruption to existing Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) tools from the likes of Informatica
Navigating Data: Alation + Trifacta
I’m excited to announce an expansion of our partnership with Trifacta. If you’re someone interested in where the BI/Analytics industry is going, a CIO/CDO trying to pick the stack for your BI/Analytics investments, or if you’re an analyst just trying to figure out which tool is most relevant for your needs, here’s why I think […]
- Alation and Trifacta Deliver Best-in-Class, Integrated Data Cataloging and Data Wrangling Solution | Two Bee Mag […] To learn more, visit Alation Booth #941 and Trifacta Booth #823 at Strata + Hadoop World San Jose from March 13-16, 2017. You can also check out the Alation and Trifacta partnership page here and read Alation’s blog post here. […]
Data is not automatically valuable by virtue of merely being available. It becomes valuable only when it positively impacts decision making.
- Vels Good blog .. Would love to test it with MSTR with trail version if possible.. Thanks for sharing it guys!
- Alation Delivers MicroStrategy Integration for Governance for Insight « Contacto Latino News […] Teradata, Tableau, Cloudera, Hortonworks and Altiscale. To learn more, please view the “Cataloging MicroStrategy” blog post by Kalb. Attendees of the Gartner Data & Analytics Summit in Texas on March […]
- Alation Delivers MicroStrategy Integration for Governance for Insight - Wall Street Business News […] Teradata, Tableau, Cloudera, Hortonworks and Altiscale. To learn more, please view the “Cataloging MicroStrategy” blog post by Kalb. Attendees of the Gartner Data & Analytics Summit in Texas on March […]
Announcing Alation 4.0 with Alation Connect
Since we launched the company, Alation has delivered a unique way to catalog data for the enterprise. Inspired by Google’s ability to automatically catalog the Internet by observing consumer behavior, we built Alation 1.0 to catalog enterprise data by observing analyst behaviors. Our approach was contrasted with the traditional manual wiki of notes and documentation […]
- AWS Training in Bangalore Besant Technologies conducts exams for an array of companies including Microsoft, Cisco, EXIN, Citrix, HP Expertone, Solaris, Linux, Sun Java and many more. As an authorized Pearson Vue Exam Center in Bangalore.
- hill climb racing The blog or and best that is extremely useful to keep I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for, I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much.
- tanki online We’re excited to get this new release into the hands of our customers before the end of this calendar year. COMMENTS
Data Engineering Teams Waste Time & Resources due to Poor Knowledge of Data Usage
In prior blog posts challenges beyond the 3V’s and understanding data, I discussed some issues which hindered the efficiency of data analysts besides drastically raising the bar on their motivation to begin working with new data. Here, I want to drill into a few more experiences around use and management of data. Which upstream […]
- revathi Your blog is wonderful. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful post. Web Designing Training Institute in Chennai | Web Designing Training Institute in Velachery.
- Laura Quality that is maintained on this blog is what our faculty liked at hadoop online training and they always point to this website for some examples related to subject.
- Abi Your post is really great. Thank you for taking time to provide us some of the useful and exclusive information with us. Keep on blogging!!
- Geetha This blog provides useful information about new techniques and concepts.very impressive lines are given which is very attractive.
- Jeeshi Everything is fine, am happy about your blog.Thanks admin for sharing the unique content, you have done a great job.I appreciate your effort and I hope you will get more positive comments from the web users.
- Syed I think Alation is the going to be one of the leading data governance tools in the coming years
Alation Partners with Teradata
Today Alation and Teradata announced a strategic partnership. There are multiple components to this partnership. Teradata will sell Alation worldwide. Both companies will co-invest in
- saki thanks for shared wonderful information of giving best information.its more useful and more helpful. great doing keep sharing
- antoine It will probably bring some of the missing links in the Teradata Unified Data Architecture speech and solution. It's a good point. Wish you a lot of successes regards Antoine
Suppliers Keep Inventories. Consumers Need Catalogs.
Finding the right data asset in a modern enterprise can be like trying to find a book in a massive library. In the 20th century, libraries leveraged card catalogs to make it easier for book seekers to search by title, author, or category. In the digital age, Amazon and Google eclipsed their predecessors, largely by […]
[Podcast] Alation at the Boulder BI Brain Trust (BBBT)
Alation CEO Satyen Sangani and Customer Development lead Anand Aidasani visited the Boulder BI Brain Trust, to talk about the challenges of data accessibility and data literacy in the modern enterprise. Listen Now!
[Podcast] Alation CEO, Satyen Sangani on After Nines
Our CEO, Satyen Sangani, was on a podcast with After Nines around the time of our launch. In this podcast, Satyen gives an overview of the Alation product as well as describes the mission of Alation – making data accessible. And for those of you interested in learning more about the founding of Alation and […]