At the Top of Everyone’s List
Today, we’re honored to be named to Constellation Research’s ShortList™ for Data Cataloging1 for the fourth consecutive year. In an increasingly noisy data cataloging space, this recognition is a reminder that Alation continues to lead the pack with 100+ customers and a unique solution built on the combination of human collaboration and machine learning. To […]
Funding and Our Future
We recently announced $50M in Series C funding to supercharge our growth, cement our leadership position, and innovate so data catalogs can create even deeper and broader value than they provide today. We’re delighted to watch leading organizations like Daimler, eBay, Hilton Hotels, LinkedIn, Munich Re, and Pfizer trust the Alation Data Catalog to connect […]
MercadoLibre Democratizes BI with Certified Data, Collaboration and Self-Service
Ron Powell, independent analyst and industry expert for the BeyeNETWORK and executive producer of The World Transformed FastForward Series, interviews Adrian Quilis, Director of Business Intelligence at MercadoLibre. This article is based on a podcast with Adrian. Adrian, I understand MercadoLibre is Latin America’s most popular ecommerce site by number of visitors. Can you tell […]
TrustCheck from Alation: In Conversation with Peter Burris
Meet TrustCheck: Your Spell Check for SQL or BI. Just like Spell Check prompts you as you’re writing—or like Waze nudges you as you’re driving—TrustCheck guides you to desired behavior while ensuring accuracy as you’re creating a query or a dashboard. With TrustCheck, data analysts see color-coded visual cues whenever they use a questionable source, […]
Join the Alation MLDC World Tour!
“I’ve been looking at the sky, ‘Cause it’s gettin’ me high… Yes I’m back in black” – Back In Black, AC/DC 1 AC/DC, the Australian rock and roll band shot to international fame with Back in Black, their best-selling album of all times. The Back in Black world tour was a glorious rock and roll […]
The Alation Arena: Enter the world of robots
We’re getting ready to debut the brand new Alation Arena at the Strata Data Conference in New York this week. Inspired by BattleBots, the popular robot combat television series, and built by world robotic tournament champions’, Zachary Lytle and Diana Tarlson, the arena is ready to make a big entrance. It’s a professional grade, bullet […]
Introducing Agile Data Governance – Alation TrustCheck
“The key point is that no organization governs information simply because it can; there has to be a business context, and the increasing realization of this context explains the rise of information stewardship applications.” – May 2018 Gartner Market Guide for Information Stewardship Applications
- Alation and First San Francisco Partners Partner to Modernize Data Governance with Data Catalogs […] partnership comes on the heels of the release of Alation TrustCheck, a new set of features delivering agile stewardship by embedding best practices […]
- Alation and First San Francisco Partners Link Up to Deliver Best Practices for Modernizing Data Governance with Data Catalogs - ChannelVision Magazine […] partnership comes on the heels of the release of Alation TrustCheck, a new set of features delivering agile stewardship by embedding best practices and compliance […]
- Alation + First San Francisco Partners: A New Approach to Data Governance - Alation […] introduction of Alation TrustCheck in July took it a step further. With TrustCheck, information stewards now have a direct way to […]
Gartner BI Bake Off: Data Catalogs and the Opioid Epidemic
For the past four years, Gartner has hosted a BI Bake Off competition at the Gartner Data and Analytics Summit in Texas. Selected vendors are given the opportunity to highlight their solutions and show how data and analytics can be harnessed for social good.
- essayforme write my college essay for me http://kfgdrtynhjg.com/ This is nicely put! .
- Visit Visit Get great services by light paraglider harness that are available and now in stock in addition at great prices today only!
- metal clock dials metal clock dials Buy the top battery clock movements that's available and in stock in addition at the best price get it now only!
- blackhawk reserve parachute blackhawk reserve parachute Locate wonderful services by Paragliding that is available and now in stock and currently available today only!
- flymaster gps flymaster gps Get wonderful services by Sensbox that are available and now in stock and on sale today only!
- garden city heating and cooling garden city heating and cooling Contract wonderful services by heating and cooling missoula that are available and in stock and currently available today only!
- public announcement speakers public announcement speakers Purchase the top school clock and bell systems that's available and in stock and at the best price get it now only!
Driving Business Value and ROI from a Hybrid Cloud Data Lake
For many enterprises, a hybrid cloud data lake is no longer a trend, but becoming reality. With a cloud deployment, enterprises can leverage a “pay as you go” model; reducing the burden of incurring capital costs. Compute and storage resources are separated, allowing those resources to be rapidly provisioned and scaled
Alation’s role in the Sentient Enterprise
Imagine a new type of business, one in which the fabric of data is so woven throughout the enterprise that it becomes almost a living, breathing entity that one day may even be able to make the right decisions for you. That’s the future presented in the book, The Sentient Enterprise: The Evolution of Business […]
Gartner Magic Quadrant for Metadata Management Includes Alation
Gartner predicts that “By 2020, 50% of information governance initiatives will be enacted with policies based on metadata alone.” – Gartner, Inc., Magic Quadrant for Metadata Management Solutions, Guido de Simoni and Roxane Edjlali, August 10, 2017. Metadata management no longer refers to a static technical repository.
Gartner Data & Analytics London: Human Curation + Machine Learning
Earlier this month in London, more than 1,600 data and analytics leaders and professionals gathered for the Gartner Data & Analytics Summit. It was probably a surprise to no one that artificial intelligence (AI) took center stage. From niche breakout sessions to the packed opening keynote—where “AI” was one of three leading trends along with […]
The “FUTURe” of Working with Data
It’s time for a change. One of our core values here at Alation is to measure our success through customer impact. Since we launched, Alation has made it easier for data consumers to find, understand, and trust relevant datasets. Numerous studies had shown that before we introduced the first Machine Learning Data Catalog, analysts and […]
Our Next Phase of Growth: Enterprise Data Catalogs
Today, we’re announcing that Alation has closed a $50 million Series C funding led by Sapphire Ventures, with participation from new investor Salesforce Ventures and our existing investors Costanoa Ventures, DCVC (Data Collective), Harmony Partners and Icon Ventures. Following a very successful year of growth in Alation’s business, this announcement marks a milestone for Alation […]
The year of the data catalog
This was an eventful year in the world of data and analytics. Be it the surprising $5.2 billion merger of Cloudera and Hortonworks, the widely scrutinized GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), or the Cambridge Analytica scandal that rocked Facebook. Amid the headline grabbing news, 2018 will also be remembered as the year of the data […]
Munich Re Launches Enterprise-Wide Data-Driven Platform for Analytics
Ron Powell, independent analyst and industry expert for the BeyeNETWORK and executive producer of The World Transformed FastForward Series, interviews Andreas Kohlmaier, Head of Data Engineering at Munich Re. Andreas leads the team responsible for setting up a group-wide data platform and supports the transformation of Munich Re to a data-driven organization. Andreas, can you […]
Defining Data Acquisition and Why it Matters
As data drives more and more of the modern economy, data governance and data management are racing to keep up with an ever-expanding range of requirements, constraints and opportunities. It is a little like a data version of the Cambrian Explosion, where data-centricity is giving rise to a rich variety of practices, each distinct and […]
Alation + First San Francisco Partners: A New Approach to Data Governance
Every business is trying to become a digital business and the monetization of data is a fundamental part of that transformation. But when you have hundreds of thousands of data sources, potentially millions of different datasets and thousands of people constantly consuming that information, that transformation quickly becomes overwhelming. How do you manage the consumption […]
Data Catalogs: A Category of Their Own
Data catalogs are here to stay. This week, two independent analyst reports validated what we’ve known for years – data catalogs are critical for self-service analytics.
The Year Enterprises Embraced the Data Catalog
A recent report from Gartner, Data Catalogs Are the New Black in Data Management and Analytics finds that, “Demand for data catalogs is soaring as organizations struggle to inventory distributed data assets to facilitate data monetization and conform to regulations.”* The trend mirrors demand for Alation.
Alation and Einstein Analytics Announce Deep Integration For Data Cataloging and Governance
The head of sales needs the most up-to-date statistics on the state of the business, and they need it now — well, actually, yesterday. Creating a set of custom reports would take too much time. But why start from scratch? The calculations that describe the state of the business already exist — in hundreds of […]
- Alation Named a Winner for Data Cataloging in Dresner Advisory Services 2017 Technology Innovation Awards - Alation - DLIT […] a number of notable strides and announcements in recent months. Notably, Alation announced a new integration with Salesforce Einstein Analytics to bring the collaborative power of data cataloging to Salesforce users. The company also released […]
- Driving Business Value and ROI from a Hybrid Cloud Data Lake - Alation […] HDFS), data processing engines such as Spark, Presto and Impala, BI tools (Tableau, Microstrategy, Salesforce Einstein Analytics), and relational data sources (Hive, Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, etc) addresses the complexity of […]
Alation + Tableau — Announcing Deeper Integration for Governance for Insight
Every day, thousands of business decisions are made on the basis of Tableau visualizations—maps, bars, dots, and lines telling stories about the world. This week in Las Vegas, over 15,000 Tableau users are gathered to celebrate storytelling with Tableau. As a company, Tableau has gone beyond delivering software. They’re creating a movement. Tableau’s product and vibrant […]
- Alation data catalog gets new TrustCheck technology - Techtigy […] companies, and certain tight integrations that result. Previously, the company added integrations with Tableau, (allowing selected data from the catalog to be visualized and analyzed) and Paxata (allowing data […]
- Alation data catalog gets new TrustCheck technology - RareTechNews […] companies, and certain tight integrations that result. Previously, the company added integrations with Tableau, (allowing selected data from the catalog to be visualized and analyzed) and Paxata (allowing data […]
- Alation data catalog gets new TrustCheck technology – Latest News […] companies, and certain tight integrations that result. Previously, the company added integrations with Tableau, (allowing selected data from the catalog to be visualized and analyzed) and Paxata (allowing data […]
- URL ... [Trackback] [...] There you will find 35955 more Infos: alation.com/blog/2017/10/10/alation-tableau-announcing-deeper-integration-governance-insight/ [...]
- Driving Business Value and ROI from a Hybrid Cloud Data Lake - biva […] file systems (S3 and HDFS), data processing engines such as Spark, Presto and Impala, BI tools (Tableau, Microstrategy, Salesforce Einstein Analytics), and relational data sources (Hive, Oracle, SQL […]
- Driving Business Value and ROI from a Hybrid Cloud Data Lake – Cloud Data Architect […] file systems (S3 and HDFS), data processing engines such as Spark, Presto and Impala, BI tools (Tableau, Microstrategy, Salesforce Einstein Analytics), and relational data sources (Hive, Oracle, SQL […]
- Driving Business Value and ROI from a Hybrid Cloud Data Lake - Alation […] file systems (S3 and HDFS), data processing engines such as Spark, Presto and Impala, BI tools (Tableau, Microstrategy, Salesforce Einstein Analytics), and relational data sources (Hive, Oracle, SQL […]
Why Icon Ventures Invested in Alation
This is a guest post by Michael Mullany, general partner, Icon Ventures. It’s a truism that data is the most important asset in the 21st century economy. But, today too many enterprises exist in a data fog, with poorly contextualized data scattered across millions of tables. Dispelling this data fog is one of the key […]